People for Urban Progress (PUP) is a 501c3 non-profit that advances good design and civic sustainability by developing products and projects in connectivity, responsible reuse, and making. PUP is creating a smarter, more sustainable, and more resilient city by combining good design with existing resources. We are stewards of our city’s resources and curators of its public spaces. PUP is a do-tank non-profit. We turn useless into useful. We rescue discarded materials, redesigning them into fashion accessories known for their durability and innovative design. The sale of these goods fund big projects and big ideas that improve Indianapolis' urban spaces. Simply put, we make goods for good.
Sales Manager duties to include:
- Develop leads, cultivate a targeted list of prospects, and direct all aspects of corporate and retail sales, as well as the PUP online store.
- Drive new opportunities for corporate, retail, and online sales
- Develop relationships and collaborate with PUP leadership to formulate and execute a go-to-market strategy
- Build strategies to differentiate PUP from similar products
- Identify and engage with key decision-makers with corporate and retail clients
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline data with PUP leadership
- Work with PUP leadership to develop monthly sales goals
- Customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Closing skills
- Territory management
- Prospecting skills
- Product knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Client relationships
- Motivation for sales
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- Three to five years of industry sales experience
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems
PUP Sales Manager is a contracted position working remotely along with weekly in-studio meetings. The term of this engagement is six months with the opportunity for extension.
Please email a resume to Turae Dabney at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking for someone who challenges us, is eager to learn, and who is looking to make a difference for Indianapolis.